Our Mission Statement
Our philosophy is simple: clients come first. We pledge to be in constant communication with our clients, keeping them fully informed throughout the entire buying or selling process. We believe that if you’re not left with an amazing experience, we haven’t done our job. We don’t measure success through achievements or awards, but through the satisfaction of our clients.
Bob Nelson, Sr.
My approach has always been centered on a client first philosophy, treating my clients as more than just “transactions”. Prior to entering into the real estate business, I spent 26 years with the Central Intelligence Agency, working around the world. My wife and I have lived in 18 different homes (four states and four foreign countries) during our 45 year marriage. I can say that I am a TRUE relocation specialist. What better way to appreciate the importance of helping a family move into a new area and settle in quickly!
Switching the Bob Nelson Team to Keller Williams Realty was most certainly a great move. KW is now the largest real estate company in the country with over 185,000 agents. Our team currently includes two full time realtors, with back-up support from two loan officers, a solid home inspection group, Double Eagle Title, a real estate attorney and numerous other ancillary support professionals.
My previous work experiences have included not only the U.S. Foreign Service, but several years spent teaching and working in the construction field. I’ve built four homes, and done extensive renovations to each of my own homes. These experiences have certainly been an asset as I help my clients understand the quality of the homes they are considering buying and the neighborhoods in which they plan to live.
As an active member of the Northern Virginia Community for 30 years:
- I have coached every sport from T-ball to high school wrestling as my two sons grew up in Great Falls.
- I chaired the KW McLean/Great Falls Charity Golf tournament the past three years. Raising nearly $200,000 for groups such as Our Military Kids, Stop Soldier Suicide and the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.
- I am most proud of my “MILITARY APPRECIATION MONDAYS” fundraising efforts on behalf of our servicemen and women. Begun a little over 10 years ago, these events have grown from 8 attendees to averaging about 125 attendees each month. We raised about $50 at the first event and have grown to a high of $12,500 raised for the organization Stop Soldier Suicide. Be sure to contact me if you would like more information on these dinners.
Professional Credentials and Associations
- Keller Williams Mega Agent Top Producer
- Certified Military Relocation Specialist
- Member NAR (National Association of Realtors)
- Member VAR (Virginia Association of Realtors)
- Member NVAR (Northern Virginia Association of Realtors)
- Member MRIS
- Spanish Language Fluency
Bob Nelson, Jr.
I grew up in Fairfax County, Virginia where I attended elementary through high school in Great Falls and McLean, with the exception of two years of high school in Singapore. Between my first and second year at James Madison University I met my future wife, Marie, as interns with the U.S. Government in McLean. Marie and I owned a townhouse in Reston, VA and currently own our home in Ashburn, VA where we live with our four children (two boys and two girls) and bulldog. The six of us are passionate Washington Nationals fans and very involved in little league baseball in Ashburn where I’ve coached fourteen teams in the past four years.
I have been a real estate hobbyist for more than 10 years monitoring, visiting and tracking homes for sale in Northern Virginia. Several years ago I transitioned to full time from a nearly 15 year career in contract negotiation, project management, facility management, and government security in the government contracting and technology industries. I’m also the Ashburn Representative to the Loudoun County Communications Commission.
I focus on both residential and commercial real estate. I will bring my contract negotiation, project management and communication skills to serve you and your friends, family, neighbors and colleagues.